Imerovigli is probably the town/area of Santorini with the most impressive hotels
I’m always saying to people visiting the island that Imerovigli is probably the best option to stay because you get these amazing famous views to the caldera, you don’t get millions of tourists on your rooftop, you have amazing views to the sunset and you have awesome hotel and suites options.
Hands down, Imerovigli is the area of Santorini with some of the most seclusive, quiet and impressive hotels on the island.
It is probably the best option for being more seclusive and quiet without any tourist’s eyes you may have in Oia.
In Imerovigli you probably get the best private jacuzzis and pools on the island so it’s also a great option for honeymoons or romantic getaways, as well.
- Imerovigli is a small quiet town 20mins walk from the capital town Fira
- Imerovigli has some of the best and most luxurious hotels of the island and it can be a great option if you want to avoid the crowded and very touristic Oia or you don’t want to be at the capital Fira
- Imerovigli has amazing views to the caldera/volcano but not direct views to the famous Santorini sunsets as its direction is slightly towards the inside of the volcanic lagoon.
- Best Hotel in Imerovigli: Grace Hotel Santorini (wow! look at this pool…)
- Best Private Villa in Santorini: Grace Villa (seriously?)
Keep reading…there’s more!
Recommended Websites for Hotels, Ferries, Flights and Car Rentals for Santorini:
- Booking.com is the website with the most available rooms and Private Villas in Santorini (more than Airbnb)
- Let’s Ferry is the best website to book your ferry tickets or check the timetables for Santorini & all greek islands
- Expedia has all the available flights from Athens or other European cities to Santorini (Santorini Airport Code: JTR)
- Get Your Guide has the best and largest variety of Santorini Sailing and Wine Tours
- Rentalcars is the best website to rent a car for Santorini (highly recommended as you won’t waste time waiting for local buses)
- Transferwise is the best service for travel money with the lowest rates compared to any bank worldwide and their Mastercard is accepted all over Santorini (you can thank me later…)
So…here is my recommendations of the Best Hotels of Imerovigli (in random order) :
1. San Antonio
San Antonio hotel suites are romantically decorated and enjoy views of the caldera from their veranda.
2. Astra Suites
All suites have verandas with a spectacular view of the caldera, the Aegean Sea and the sunset.
3. Altana Traditional Houses and Suites
Altana is a restored 1700 building offering luxurious units with caldera views.
4. Aliko Luxury Suites
With respect to the local architecture, the minimalist suites open to a furnished balcony with a heated hot tub.
5. Avista Suites
Perched on the cliffs of Imerovigli, Avista offers Cycladic-style suites in minimal decor overlooking the caldera and the volcano.
6. Above Blue Suites
Located at the highest point of the famous Caldera (cliffs), Above Blue Suites offer privacy and breathtaking views to the endless blue and the world’s most famous sunset.
7. Anthonas Apartments
Elegantly decorated in a traditional style and fully equipped with entertainment and utilities for all your leisure needs, along with a spacious private balcony.
8. Absolut Bliss
Exclusively stylish and romantic, Absolute Bliss is placed on the highest point of the black volcanic rock of Santorini, with breathtaking Caldera views.
9. Artemisia Apartment
Self-catering accommodation with spacious, furnished verandas enjoying spectacular views of the caldera and the volcano.
10. West East Suites
Offers minimal accommodation with breathtaking views over the caldera or the Aegean Sea.